7/13/22 | Read Time: 2 Minutes
Better Business Decisions Get Results
Here are six suggestions on how business owners should make the right business decisions.
1. Know all the facts. Do your best to get the points before you decide. Missed information could lead to poor or misguided decisions.
2. Focus on the results. Think about what you want for your business and if the outcomes of your decision help or hurt the progress toward your SMART goals. Always review what you think the results will be of your decisions.
3. Ask around. It is essential to consider viewpoints other than your own, so get advice from your friends and business peers. Your accountant has experience with many unique businesses and likely has faced a decision like the one you will make with another client.
4. Relax. Do not try to do everything all at once; when things get hectic, try to do something that will make you feel more relaxed. Your balanced mindset will prevent you from seeing the facts through your filter.
5. Stay the course. Managing your own business involves a series of ongoing business decisions. Don't put off important decisions, and don't worry about your past mistakes -- keep focusing on what is best for your company.
6. Learn from your mistakes and re-evaluate. If you make an incorrect business decision, the next step is to learn from your mistakes and go forward.
One of the most challenging tasks for most business owners is making good decisions. Just because a similar decision worked the last time does not mean it will work this time; business is constantly changing. Business owners who learn mindfulness through coaching or leadership training make better decisions.